Main Dishes, Recipes by
The weather is great, and we’re grilling like mad! Once you’ve bought or thawed some ground beef (go for the kind with 20 per cent fat), make up some delicious hamburger patties! Even if you’ve got a super recipe for hamburger patties, it’s nice to go beyond the basic cheeseburger, bacon cheeseburger, or pattie-lettuce-and-tomato combination. Try some of these variations on the classic burger.
- Instead of topping your burger with goodies, try stuffing it! This deceptively easy technique will definitely wow your friends and make you look like a gourmet chef. Try a blue cheese burger filled with a seasoned cream cheese/blue cheese mixture.
- Sliders (mini burgers) are everyone’s favorite way to indulge in a decadent two bite burger. Chipotle mayonnaise kicks up the heat with Bobby Flay’s recipe, Noble Pig does everything great and these sliders are made with surprising ingredients, and Macheesmo’s Veggie Slider will please all the non-meat eaters in the crowd!
- Make the real deal at home with these Fake Shake Shake burgers from Smitten Kitchen.
- These Pepperoni Pizza Burgers are perfect for pizza lovers an utterly delicious!
- Try these Tex-Mex cheeseburgers. The meat is loaded with flavor (and cheese!) and the recipe includes a delicious green chili pepper sauce.
- Grill some southwest-style turkey burgers and top them with pepper jack cheese, avocado slices, and jalapeño peppers.
- Look no further when trying to please a finicky 3 year old, Giada de Laurentiis makes a Mini Meatball Sandie that kids absolutely love.
- This Greek Turkey Burger, filled with spinach, feta, is great with yogurt sauce.
- Mix teriyaki sauce (and some water chestnuts) into your meat before cooking your hamburgers for a an Asian flair.
- At your next barbecue have a tray of toppings for your guest to add to their own burgers. Caramelized onions, crispy bacon, sliced pineapple, and sauteed mushrooms are always a bit hit!
P.S. Did you know that the month of May is National hamburger month?