As I like my spread to be thick on toast, one small bottle does not last and is usually consumed within a day by my family of 4. Thus, I decided to make my own and am happy with the result as the taste is not far from the original. It is really simple as all you need is 4 ingredients and cooking is done within 30 minutes, easy peasy right?
Here below, I’ve shared both methods of cooking over the stove as well as cooking using the Thermomix. I love the Thermomix method as I can set the timing and temperature and leave it to cook while I walk away to do other stuffs and need not stand in front of the stove to stir constantly for 20 minutes.
If you like this green tea milk spread, do give it a try and remember to use pure, good quality and premium matcha powder to achieve the best result. Happy cooking!
|Source from the Internet|
Homemade Green Tea Milk Spread
|My homemade spread versus the O’Sulloc in the background|
“It takes much time and effort to compose and translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you DO NOT copy and pass it off as your own as I have painstakingly prepared each blog recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please give credit and provide a link back to the relevant post here. ”
200g dairy whipping cream 动物性鲜奶油 (>35% fat 脂肪）
100g full cream fresh milk 全脂鲜奶
30g sugar 糖 (I used organic raw sugar, 我用有机原蔗糖）
10g Uji matcha powder 于治抹茶粉 (or any premium matcha powder 或任何优质抹茶粉）
Note: Different brand of ingredients have different composites, thus there may be a slight difference in the end result.
Over Stove Method 火炉煮法 ：
1. In a pot, warm up 50g milk before sifting in matcha powder. Use a hand whisk to stir until fully dissolved, smooth and no clots.
2. Stir in remaining milk, whipping cream and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir constantly for 20 minutes until mixture thickens.
3. After cooking is done, pour into a glass container.
4. Green tea milk spread will thickened when cooled down. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Texture will hardened when chill, leave in room temperature to softened before consuming.
Thermomix Method 美善品煮法:
1. Put whipping cream, milk, sugar and matcha powder into the TM bowl. Select Time: 20 mins, Temperature: 120°C, Speed 3, place simmering basket instead of MC on lid.
2. After cooking is done, pour into a glass container.
|Lovely colour and smooth texture!|
3. Green tea milk spread will thicken when cooled down. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Texture will hardened when chill, leave in room temperature to softened before consuming.
Updated on 20 April 2017
Thank you reader, Mei Po Mak, who has tried this recipe and given me such positive feedback!
Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai’s free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.