Sweet corn and butter soy sauce makes the perfect tasty rice dish! It smells good and addictive! Simple yet delicious 😋
|Japanese Butter Roasted Corn with Rice|
“Butter Soy Sauce” is a very popular combination here in Japan. We have many dishes using this flavor: chicken teriyaki, grilled mochi, pizza, pasta, stir-fried dishes, popcorn, potato chips, etc…
Japanese Butter Roasted Corn with Rice (SPEED Recipe)
Difficulty: 15min + cooking time
Time: 30 min
Number of servings: 4
2 cups (300g/10.6oz.) uncooked Japanese rice
2 corn on the cob
2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Soy sauce
a pinch of salt
1. Wash rice (about 3 times). *If you have time, drain in a strainer, leave for about 30 minutes.
2. Using a knife, slice down along the cob to remove the kernels.
3. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot. Then place the bare corn cobs (juices of the corn transfer to the rice and make the rice very tasty: add Umami). Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
4. While cooking rice, heat butter in a pan, cook until the kernels are tender and bright yellow. Add soy sauce then pan-roast until golden brown.
5. When the rice is done, remove the corn cobs, mix in the roasted kernels. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please follow my Instagram♥
♥Please “Like” me on Facebook♥