- 500g mutton with bones, cut into small pieces
- 5–6 tbsp oil
- 5 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 ½ tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 green chilli, seeded and sliced
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms, keep whole
- 5cm cinnamon stick
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds powder (ground kas-kas)
- 2–3 dried chillies, soaked
- 2 litres water
- chopped spring onion and coriander
Marinate mutton with 2 tablespoons combined ingredients (A) and leave aside for 3-4 hours.
Heat oil in a pan and fry shallots until golden brown and crispy. Remove shallot crisps and set aside. With the remaining oil fry ingredients (B) until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients (A) and (C) and continue to fry for 1–2 minutes. Stir in marinated mutton and fry until fragrant. Add chopped tomato and pour in water. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender.
Dish out and serve with a garnishing of shallot crisps and a sprinkling of chopped spring onion and coriander.
Source : Kuali.com – TheStar, MY